2021 has had a bumpy start, from another prolonged lockdown, third wave, and vaccination delays. I know the “homestretch” I referenced in my year-end 2020 letter has been more a mountainous marathon than a quick sprint to the finish.
Your portfolios however have had a rather smooth upward trajectory.
2020 was dominated by the momentum and excitement around large, growth technology companies. It was almost a vacuum effect, similar to what I saw in 1999. 2021 has seen value companies to which your portfolios are tilted towards re-emerge as they have over the long term and reward clients through the first half of 2021.
Thank you all for the positive comments, suggestions, and feedback on the past two editions of our digital Wealth and Well-Being newsletter. The consensus from client conversations is the length is appropriate with having only usually on 2-3 topics. The areas we have focused on thus far are engaging, personal, and thought-provoking.
In the office, we continue to adapt to the provincial guidelines and are always cognizant of the fact that we have team members whose partners work in the health care field and/or have family members who are unfortunately compromised because of severe health issues.
I will continue to monitor and make decisions I feel are in the best interests of the team, their families, clients, and your families. I am anticipating being “open” for in-person appointments in and around September 7th. As always, though, I will keep you updated and informed.
- Susan and I made a short goodbye video her June 25th retirement date snuck up on all of us. The many phone calls have been heartfelt and truly appreciated by Susan and me, she will be so very missed.
- Jane Davis has joined our team and has been working with Susan over the last eight weeks to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. Jane, her husband, Ben and their two young children live in the Kilworth area.
- Chris and Michelle are working through all the planning, as they prepare for their “post COVID” wedding next year.
- Chad and Christina are reminded every day of the joy, spontaneity, and energy of having two children under six years of age.
- My daughter, Hailey has joined the team for the summer before she enters her 4th year of the Business Program at Wilfred Laurier University.
- I purchased a 24’ trailer to capture all the remote mountain bike routes I haven’t ridden yet. It’s good to have something to look forward to. The last two years have been challenging for all of us in varying degrees, so treat yourself to something, you deserve it.
I have also continued my learning journey as of late and am working on rounding out my family enterprise advising and business value acceleration accreditations with a personal and business well-being program. The academic research and methodology in these three areas has provided real clarity to my vision for The Andrews Group and the services we offer now and over the next 5 to 10 years. I look forward to sharing with you in the months to come.
As I mentioned in the past, I try to always think ahead of what we can do to continue to add value and adapt and change before we have to. This principle is anchored in The Andrews Group’s Core Values so we as a business and you as our clients always stay ahead of the curve with innovative investment, wealth, and business planning strategies/advice that touches the many facets of your life.
I hope as our worlds open, you have yourself a fun summer with friends and family. We look forward to seeing you in person later this year.
Be safe, be happy and be healthy.
Assante Capital Management Ltd. Is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and is registered with the investment industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.
This material is provided for general information and is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to compile this material from reliable sources however no warranty can be made as to its accuracy or completeness. Before acting on any of the above, please make sure to see a professional advisor for individual financial advice based on your personal circumstances.